Friday, July 31, 2009

The 400th Post

The four hundredth post should be better than all the posts written earlier, it should be long, it should reflect my two years' experience as a blogger, it should be somehow related to books, it should not have any silly jokes like those in previous posts, it should be something very good and leave the readers deeply impressed by the writing, it should be this, it should be that was what I thought when I realized I was reaching a significant milestone on this blog. But somehow I wasn't able to come with anything better than this post which includes news about a second hand books sale in Hyderabad. There were a couple of things that came in the way of writing a truly good 400th post.

One reason was a very minor emergency involving my kid, another reason was my orders of promotion coming through finally, and of course, the real reason was that I was feeling quite lazy. It isn't entirely true of course, because I had started on a post that sounded quite good but it turned out to be too short to be a post so I had to think of something else. After learning that I was promoted and posted to a place very far away from Hyderabad I realized that I wouldn't be able to sneak out any more to a bookstore and browse. I promptly sneaked out of office and at the Best Books Store saw a welcome notice.

The notice read that there would be a sale of second hand books at YMCA Secunderabad from August 1-16. I was quite excited since the sale is beginning at that time of the month when the wallet would allow such extravangances. I was also glad for the reason that at last one post on my blog would be actually of help to people who love books in Hyderabad.

So, the blog is two years old with exactly four hundred posts. I cannot claim that I am no wiser than I was when I started this blog but it has been a fantastic experience. The biggest and the priceless result of blogging has been getting to know more than half a dozen absolutely wonderful people who are now very good friends. It is for them that I continue to write on this blog or else I would have winded it down long back.

For those bloggers who like to know, till date this blog has got 11,902 hits and earned me the princely sum of $13.80. I would have been unhappy if I had planned to buy a Mercedes with the earnings on my blog but I'm happy. Keep reading.

4 comments:

Jayasrinivasa Rao said...

Hi...congratulations...for many things actually...400th post...promotion...novel...good going maan...will we be missing your sunday hauls?

Vinod Ekbote said...

Thanks Jai,

I plan to be in Hyderabad during the weekends... a Weekend Hyderabadi :)

phaedra said...

Congratulations on the milestone and the promotion, Vinod! I hope you will fit into your new role quickly and enjoy it, and also that you find a good (cheap :)) bookstore close to wherever you are

-S

Vinod Ekbote said...

Thank you, S. I'll have to really search for a bookstore in the new place. It looks like a place where no one reads.