Friday, July 03, 2009

Why I'm Glad I'm Not a Multi-Millionaire

If only Ratan Tata knew what a nervous time he gave me some time last week. I shudder to think what a trying time I would had passed through had there been enough cash on hand last week. By launching not one but two cars on the same day Ratan Tata almost put me in a spot. It was quite providential that I hadn’t the roughly two crores on person or I would have had one hell of a time choosing between the Rs 90 lakh Jaguar and the Rs75 lakh Land Rover. Of course, given my impulsive nature I would have picked up both of them. Luckily, just as I was about to put a call through to Ratan I realized that I did not have the cash.

Another factor that put me off the decision to buy the cars was the last minute realization that there isn’t enough space at home to park them. Of course, the hike in petrol prices announced yesterday was another deciding factor or I would have certainly dialed up Ratan to send me both the cars. I’m sure he would have got the shock of his life knowing that someone from Hyderabad wanted to buy both the cars. He doesn’t know us Hyderabadis or he would have opened a Jaguar showroom here before he opened one in Mumbai.

Anyway, it is just my luck that I’m not a multi-millionaire (not yet). Or maybe I’ll wait until they open a Rolls Royce showroom in Hyderabad. It gets quite tiring to drive a Rolls all the way from Mumbai to Hyderabad, even for an F1driver like me.

No comments: