Friday, November 30, 2007

A 25-Books Month


This month I picked up twenty five books, something which I haven’t done in the past. The year’s total book count stands at roughly 193 which means I have many books to read in the new year not counting the books from the previous years many of which still remain unread. But it is a different feeling to know that at hand are several good books to read whenever there is time.

I picked up two books today and one yesterday. A friend had asked for a book by Dave Barry and I picked up ‘Dave Barry Turns 40’ at the MR sale in Begumpet yesterday evening. Today I had been to Best Book Centre at Abids in the afternoon and found ‘Write with Style’ by Sue Young by Scholastic. It is a book meant for school kids but I picked it up because I cannot resist books on writing. I got it for forty rupees and the book is in good condition and virtually clean without any writing in it.

Later in the evening I got into some money unexpectedly and since I had not celebrated the completion of my NaNo novel, I thought I’d reward myself with a book. I went to the MR Books sale at Liberty and found a book I was looking for. I was thrilled to find it and I guess the book crowns the picks of this month. I will write about the book in tomorrow’s post!

Some of the best picks of the month have been the two books of Elmore Leonard- Mr. Paradise and 52 Pickup; God’s Pocket by Pete Dexter and Ken Kesey’s “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”.

Next month, the 22nd Hyderabad Book Fair begins and I am eagerly waiting for the 7th of December. I am also eagerly waiting for the Sunday because it is the first Sunday of the month and ‘The Hindu’ would be carrying ‘Literary Supplement’.

No comments: