Saturday, December 01, 2007

Finding Linda Greenlaw's "Hungry Ocean"


The book I found yesterday evening ( read previous post) was Linda Greenlaw’s “Hungry Ocean” which I was looking for, ever since I read Sebastian Junger’s ‘Perfect Storm’ which I had bought in June this year. In his book, Junger described Linda Greenlaw as ‘the best swordfish captain’ and since then I was looking for her book.

But even before I had bought ‘Perfect Storm’, I came across a book at Abids that I felt compelled to buy even though I had never heard of the author. It was ‘Lobster Chronicles’ by Linda Greenlaw and somehow I felt it would be a good book so I picked it up. It is still there somewhere in the pile of books in my room waiting to be read. Then in June I picked up Junger’s ‘Perfect Storm’ again at Abids and read it that same month.
Afterwards, there was a sale by Best Book Centre in YWCA in August, and there I found another book by Linda Greenlaw- All Fishermen Are Liars. I bought this book too but it was ‘Hungry Ocean’ I was looking for. I wanted to begin with her first book and yesterday at last I found it.

It was a hardcover copy and in good condition. Actually there were two copies of it but the first one I picked up was a paperback and I found this hardcover copy later. I got it for only seventy rupees which was quite a bargain. But what I was pleased with was that it turned out to be a First Edition!

Now that I have three of Linda Greenlaw’s books I have to begin reading them soon, one by one. I have a fascination for reading adventure books more so if they are set in the sea. Linda Greenlaw is a courageous woman and I want to read all of her books.

No comments: