Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Sunday Without a Trip to Abids



It turned out to be an odd Sunday. A really bad cold kept me indoors and I had to skip the visit to Abids. Next week too I may not be going because I will be at work on Sunday. But there were some compensations for it. In the morning I had to go to the airport to pick up my mother who was returning from Delhi after a three-month stay with my younger brother.

Earlier I had read all the Sunday papers- New Indian Express, Sunday Time of India, Deccan Chronicle and of course, The Hindu. I read in Bishwanath Ghosh’s ‘Sunday Spin’ column in ‘New Indian Express’ that he owns a Mont Blanc fountain pen. He writes well with a touch of humor and I always enjoy his columns. There was nothing to note in the other newspapers.

The airport in Hyderabad appears like a bus stand nowadays with people thronging the place all over. There seems to be an endless queue of planes landing and taking off from Hyderabad. The flight from Delhi was late and I passed the time watching the arrivals. I spotted only one celebrity- Allu Arjun and no one seemed to recognize him.

Then, mother’s plane finally arrived. To avoid the prepaid taxi rip off I phoned for a cab that arrived after ten minutes and we got home safely. It came to only a hundred ten rupees and I was pleased to have saved nearly two hundred rupees. It means I can buy about seven books sometime in Abids.

No comments: