Friday, December 14, 2007

The Meisterstuck Magic



Ever since I got the Mont Blanc Meisterstuck sometime this month, my daily morning routine has changed. Every morning I take out the lovely fountain pen from its box and put it on the table before me. Then for a full thirty minutes I gaze at it lovingly wondering about its absolute perfection. It is so beautiful and exquisite in appearance, and so snug in its feel I don’t have the heart to fill ink in it and begin using the pen. I am afraid of spoiling its perfection by writing with it. I am torn between a fierce desire to begin writing with it and the desire to let it remain in its original condition.

Yet, when I take it in my hand I get the feeling that anything I write with it will come out well and maybe, win a prize or two! Jokes apart, I guess something inside has shifted within me and I can feel a new confidence about my writing. I am sure getting the Meisterstuck has something to do with it. I had read somewhere that when you get a gift of some article that you feel you don’t deserve, it brings you to the level of deserving it.
I will start using the pen in February next, maybe on my birthday.

At last after years of gawking at beautifulpens in catalogs I have finally got one to write with myself.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Vinod,
I am Vinayak's classmate in ECE.I am glad to be able to see your blog(?)Please keep writing.
N Sridhar

Vinod Ekbote said...

Thank You, Sridhar. I feel very encouraged you have read my blog.
Vinod

Jayasrinivasa Rao said...

Hi Vinod...I can understand your emotions reg Mont Blanc...in fact, I am in the process of getting one...of all things, I started a 'chanda' for it...I too am a FP collector living in Hyderabad...the most expensive ones I managed so far are a Ratnam 14 ct gold nib ebonite pen and a Waterman Hemisphere Black GT...In fact, I am on the lookout for ebonite pens...got ratnam, brahmam, and advocate ebonite pens so far...I dont know what i will do once I manage to get hold of a Mont Blanc...might go blank...(terrible forcible pun!!)

Regards,

Jai

Vinod Ekbote said...

jayasrinivasa, thanks for visiting the blog and your comments. The 'chanda' bit was hilarious. Since you are in Hyd I'd like to see your fountain pens since I am writing another article about pen collectors in Hyd. Get in touch with me at vinekbote at gmail dot com

Vinod

Jayasrinivasa Rao said...

As of now i have a modest collection - 3 Ratnams (1-14 ct Gold nib ebonite; 2-steel nib ebonites), 1 Waterman (Hemisphere Black GT; 1 Sheaffer Calligraphy; 1Reynolds (looks like ebonite!!); 1 Brahmam (ebonite); 1 advocate (ebonite); 4 Parkers; 2 camlin; 1 submarine; 1 Hero (steel Body with open nib); I will be getting 3 Guiders soon...to complete a collection of AP-based Ebonite pens...

Vinod Ekbote said...

Jai,
Now you are making it difficult for me not to meet you! I hope I will have the good fortune of taking a look at your wonderful collection of fountain pens. I too have a few Brahmams and also a Prasad. Do get in touch, please. vinekbote at gmail dot com

Vinod

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.