Tuesday, January 01, 2008

100th Post

This is the hundredth post and I am going to write whatever comes to mind. Over here it is actually the first of Jan already but as per Blogger it is still the last day of the year! I had planned to post this one yesterday itself but there was a problem with the server and I had to give up the idea. The post was about the books I had read in 2007.


I finished reading "Book Finds" and it is a very useful book to have. There is a lot of information about book collecting, first editions, how to take care of your books and so on, information that any book lover would benefit from. I am glad I found this book.


I was surprised to realize that though I have bought over 200 books during the year I have managed to read only 36 books. I had read somewhere that serious readers go through about 50-100 books a year. I don't think I can be called a serious reader by that count. I plan to read more in the new year. I should read more than fifty books in the next twelve months.


Another resolution I had made last night is to learn to cook. I am fascinated by cooking but I haven't found the nerve to begin learning it. This year however, I plan to learn at least one simple dish. I plan to learn to cook 'upma' which is the simplest dish to do. Apart from the resolution to listen to good music learning to cook is my second resolution. I plan to add another one which I have yet to think up. Meanwhile I will begin with these two resolutions.

No comments: