Thursday, January 03, 2008

Books I Read in 2007

This is the list of some of the good books I’ve read this year. These are only a selection of the many books I went through until the end and these are the ones I’m glad I found and, gladder that I’ve read. All of them have given me a lot, taught me something and also entertained me no end. They are listed in no particular order and books on writing, books by Dave Barry, and those by Elmore Leonard feature prominently in it.

1. This Business of Writing
2. Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes
3. The Elements of Style by Strunk and White
4.The Men Within: A Cricketing Tale by Harimohan Paruvu
5. On Becoming a Novelist by John Gardner
6. You Can Write a Romance by Yvonne Macmanus
7. Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson
8. The Rewrite Man by Bryan Forbes
9. Freaky Deaky by Elmore Leonard
10. Glitz by Elmore Leonard
11. To Build the Life You Want Create the Work You Love by Marsha Sinetar
12. Writers Digest Handbook of Short Story Writing
13. Random House Guide to Good Writing by Mitchell Ivers
14. How to Write by Stephen Leacock
15. Ruined by Reading Lynne Sharon Schwartz
16.‘Story’ by Robert McKee
17. ‘On Writing’ by Stephen King
18. Dave Barry Talks Back by Dave Barry
21. Moons of Jupiter by Alice Munro
22. Horse Under Water by Len Deighton
23. Mosquito Coast by Paul Theroux
24. Lessons from a Lifetime of Writing by David Morrell
25. Darkness Visible by William Styron
26. The Perfect Storm by Sebastian Junger
27. Right to Write by Julia Cameron
28 Summing Up by Somerset Maugham (nth reading)
29 Countryside Album by Srivatsan
30 Acquired Tastes by Peter Mayle
31. How to Live on 24 Hours a Day by Arnold Bennett
32. The Greenest Island by Paul Theroux
33. Dave Barry Hits Below the Beltway by Dave Barry
34. 52’ Pickup by Elmore Leonard
35. The Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiessen
36. Book Finds by Ian C. Ellis
37. The Big Bounce by Elmore Leonard

1 comment:

my inner world said...

my god
u've read so many books in a year!!!!