Monday, January 07, 2008

Buying a Notebook, and Deighton's New Book

On Saturday I went to the ‘Odyssey’ bookstore at Punjagutta to buy a notebook for myself. The one I was writing in was filled up last week. It was the first notebook I wrote in all pages. I had bought it in April and it has served me well and perhaps it was one of the most productive notebooks I ever had. I was looking for a similar one- it was an Xcell brand, spiral bound with 160 ruled pages and quite conveniently sized. I didn’t find another of its kind at Odysseybut I got one by ‘bilt’ called ‘Matrix notebooks’.

It had thick black plastic covers and I consciously went in for one with unruled pages but now I don’t think it was such a good idea. It looks more orderly writing in a notebook with ruled pages. Anyway, I got this ‘Matrix’ notebook for seventy bucks and I hope to fill this too with my ideas for articles, posts and with lists of books I have to buy which is what I filled my earlier notebook with.

At the bookstore I also saw a new book by Len Deighton- ‘Blood, Tears and Folly’- and it was something about the mindless wars that took place. It was quite a thick book and I planned to buy it some other day. Len Deighton happens to be one of my favorite writers and his one liners are absolutely fantastic. I love his 'Only When I Larf'. Of course, his other books are equally good.

No comments: