Friday, July 04, 2008

Discovering a Laundry for Shoes in Hyderabad

SHOE LAUNDRY IN HYDERABAD
Sometime back while passing through Masab Tank I happened to glimpse a board on which was written 'Shoe Laundry' and for days together I wondered what it could be. I had heard about clothes laundry and the opening of laundries of sorts for cars and dogs too in Hyderabad. But it was the first time I had heard of a Shoe Laundry. A couple of days back I got the chance to check it out properly. It turns out it is a place where one can get their shoes fixed if they happen to have a problem.

As it happened, the sole of my Nikes appeared to be parting ways with the rest of the shoe so I took them to the Shoe Laundry that is located between Hotel Golkonda and Hyderabad House. One had to climb up the circular staircase to enter the store. The person assured me he'd fix the problem and he lived up to his assurance. A couple of days later I picked up my shoes with the soles glued back and also polished to perfectness. I felt happy wearing my refurbished Nikes that looked and felt almost as good as new.

The Shoe Laundry people polish and clean up shoes too so I felt they were offering a nice service to people who hesitate to approach the roadside cobblers. It cost me only a hundred rupees to have the expensive shoes fixed nice and proper but it was worth every rupee. The shoes looked like they'd serve for another couple of years. Thank you, Shoe Laundry.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is something new, when my shoe gets worn out or look old, I some how try to get a new pair some times it is difficult to buy as everybody knows the cost of a good pair of new shoe, thanks vinod for letting me know about this new and unique service in Hyderabad. I am going to check out this place and save money on new shoe.
Hassan..

Vinod Ekbote said...

Hassan, Thanks. Glad to have been of help. Get your shoes fixed there but don't forget to keep reading my blog!

Vinod

Unknown said...

Truly nice post I like the information....

Dry Cleaning Service In Dwarka